Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More Maxon

We are close to finishing Virtual Reality I for the semester.  We only have 3 full weeks left and then we prepare for the final exam.  Students are creating amazing work using Maxon Cinema 4-D.  Here is a link showing different assignments - http://animoto.com/play/U33uv0nmpOWEALttyEbshA  

I am so proud of the work that my students have done.  Maxon Cinema 4-D is a challenging program that has really pushed many of the students outside of their comfort zone.  I have seen students do spectacular things with the program.  I think that what I love most about the class is to see students take pride in their work.  In one of my chemistry classes today, the students asked to see the Maxon work.  While I appreciate their willingness to try to sidestep some of the importance of chemistry and gas laws, I thought that it would be a great opportunity to do some informal recruiting for the Virtual Reality class.  The non-Virtual Reality students seemed to be very impressed by the work that they saw. 

I am so thankful that our system was able to have the forethought and support to move forward and create such a dynamic class.  Many of last year's students that are in college have reported taking classes that cover many of the topics that we cover in Virtual Reality.  Yesterday, a former student, stopped by to use the program to create a class final for his college.  He expressed that he liked the functionality of Maxon and I was happy that we could obliged him.  

I can't wait to show some of the final projects that students are working.  They are challenging and can be very frustrating but students are willing to hang in there and work till they get it.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment